Learn the fundamentals of Computer Science by getting acquainted with the basic
paradigms underlying the work of computers and getting a practical intuition with
building primitive structures that are eventually constructing computers that we know.
Why is this a good course to make:
The course is going to give the student an essential knowledge of computer science, which in
turn, going to give a strong base for starting to learn code in a more sophisticated manner.
● Computers and their key components
● Numerical systems and boolean algebra
● Logic Gates and circuits
Expected length of the course (in hours):
~4 – 5 hours
With this course you’ll be able to:
● Understand what computer science is and the main ideas behind it.
● Visualize the historical development of computer technologies and construct
your own vision about their future.
● Understand the number systems, the essential operations with them, and their
● Understand the Boolean logic and the principles of logic gates, which are used in
● Construct schemes with logic gates which are doing simple operations (such as
addition and, subtraction)
Prerequisites and requirements:
● Basic algebraic skills
● Moderate English skills
● No programming skills are required
Target Audience: People who want to get started in the fields of computer science.
Download the curriculum –> Intro to Computer Science – Curriculum